The Gateway to Lenovo

Lenovo 22-inch /lCD
In search of the right computer package that was economy friendly ended with a Lenovo K220. I was looking to get away from the old clunky LCD monitor that our old Gateway and E-machine had and replace it with a nice wide screen. I was also looking for storage and a faster processor. I work with a lot of graphics and photos and space is a must. I had never heard of Lenovo until I started shopping for a computer but once I found out that there was a long history with IBM it put me at ease. I found a fantastic package for under a thousand that had almost everything I was hoping for. Check out these specs:
LCD Size: 22.00 in
Speakers: LCD Sound bar
Operating Systems: Windows Vista Home Premium
USB Ports: 8
Microphone Jacks: 2
VGA Ports: 1
DVI Video: 1 DVI on Graphics Card
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.50GHz Socket LGA775
Memory : DDR3 2x2GB
Total Memory: 4.0GB
Memory Speed: DDR3-1066 (PC3-8500)
Hard Drive Capacity: 640GB, 7,200RPM
Interface: SATA
Optical Drive Type: DVDRW Dual Layer ,
Optical Drive Class: DVD±RW DL
Media 16-in-1 Types: MicroDrive SecureDigital Memory Stick Multimedia Card Memory Stick Duo Memory Stick PRO Duo Memory Stick PRO xD Compact Flash II Mini SD Compact Flash I SecureDigital High Capacity, RSMMC, MMC Mobile, MMC+, Mini SD High Capacity
Audio Description: Integrated Audio
Graphics Description: Integrated Graphics GPU/VPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 Video Interface: DVI
Communications Description: Integrated LAN Support
Monitor Mount Webcam

As you can see the Lenovo is pretty loaded and with a price of around $700.00 it is a great package for basic computer needs. The performance thus far has been fantastic and my biggest complaint is the quirks of vista. I look forward to getting comfortable with my new PC environment and being more productive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VR Lens for the Wheelchair Photographer

Neglected but NOT Abandoned

Trails and Trials of a Wheelchair Photographer