Jesse


This is one of my favorite portraits of my son Jesse, and believe it or not it was taken with a Kodak point and shoot. I used to carry that Kodak Z740 everywhere and made quite a pest of myself on my college campus, before upgrading to a Nikon D50. Then I continued my photographical reign of terror with a zoom lens and a safer distance. = )

Today is my son’s birthday. He turned 24. He lives with his fiancĂ© and his son in my home town where I am going to be moving in the next month or two and I am looking forward to more family time with them. I remember the day he was born so well. My ex husband and his mom went into the labor room with me and I was experiencing more pain than I have in my entire life. Despite that, like they say, you forget all about it when you are holding that little baby in your arms. Childbirth is a great testimony to the power of love and joy that washes over your traumatized worn out body, and fills it full of peace and hope for the little future you hold in your hands.

Jesse has grown into a beautiful compassionate man who has artistic aspirations of his own and I am still flooded with the joy and the love I felt on day one.
Happy Birthday Baby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VR Lens for the Wheelchair Photographer

Neglected but NOT Abandoned

Trails and Trials of a Wheelchair Photographer