Leap


"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -  Alice Walker

A couple of weeks ago I threw down that I was getting off the system. I made this declaration out of not only frustration from being disregarded by the healthcare system, but also the financial fragility of my life in general. I want to offer up my experience, my dreams, my passion in the hopes that I can help people in similar situations.

Can I be honest? I have been wrestling with all of this for years. Who am I? Uh, well, uh, I am a disabled photographer who also draws and writes and has education in sociology and psychology. I also have help desk experience and built a database and website out of code. Might I mention I am an expert at being disabled, having 49 years of experience. This has given me many years in health and diet and exercise and over all fitness. Maneuvering my wheelchair has given me spacial relations skills, I also have public relation skills from the interest in my disability. When people come ask me questions while I am shopping, I like to pretend I am at a press conference. (That was a joke.)  How do you even begin to brand someone like me?

 I have discovered Millennials have this all figured out. The more I looked at their blogs and You Tube and listen to Podcasts, I realize that they have figured out that we are all multi-dimensional, and having lots of different experiences creates a well rounded person who can go into entrepreneurship with lots of tools in their  arsonal. So I have decided to follow my passions and let the branding develop itself. I am going to wing it like Kyle Cease! If you don't know him, he is a comedian turned influencer who never rehearses his workshops or shows. He is on the fly and totally heart driven. I do have some projects planned and now that I am free, I am going to develop and just see what happens.

I am always disabled. But, lets see what else I can be. Come with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trails and Trials of a Wheelchair Photographer

Neglected but NOT Abandoned

Dream Courage